1.18.2011

Goalie Wolies

There is something about the word 'goals' that makes me cringe. It may have something to do with the fact that I label things I don't want to do at all - but know I should - as 'goals.' For example, going to the gym everyday this year would be a goal. (Tangent: I've typed the word goal so many times already that it looks more like goat than goal.) The goals I set for 2010 were these:

... Oh, wait. I didn't set any for 2010. Just now I was searching through my blog for my New Years post of 2010, and it doesn't exist. Apparently, I've had 2 years to work on my New Years resolutions from 2009. Lets see how I did:

1. Write in my journal semi-daily, and blog weekly.

I completely fell off the journaling wagon, but I've blogged at least 3 or 4 times a month. I'll give myself a C+ on that one.

2. Go down a dress size.

This one is tricky, because I have no idea what size I was when I wrote it. I've definitely lost a dress size, but it's because I also gained a dress size or two. Grade: B

3. Resist the urge to weigh myself every time I come within a 50 mile radius of a scale... and stop hanging my self esteem on the amount of force the earth's gravitational pull has on me.

Yeah... Resisting the urge to weigh myself is what got me in the 'gaining 2 dress sizes' situation. However, I have stopped equating my self-worth to how little I weigh. I want to be skinnier and more fit because it makes me feel happy and healthy. I'll give myself an A-, since I technically accomplished both parts of that goal.

4. Pay off all my credit card debt, or at least most of it.

Paid off most of it! And my car is payed off too. A-.

5. Be painfully honest, especially when something/someone is bugging me.

I made... tiny bits of progress on this one. I still feel guilty when I vocalize annoyances to anybody, but I have been more honest about those annoying things. C+.

6. Read 50 new books...and some of them will be classics

Fail. I read 17 new books, and only 2 of them were classics. D.

My New Years Resolutions GPA: 2.7, or a B-. Not too shabby, but not too awesome either.

Next up this week: post my new awesome plans for this year. Happy (late) New Year!

1 comment:

Megan Maree Walker Boehm said...

haha I love your post, you always make me laugh. Congrats on the paying off the debt, seriously that is HUGE, I wish I could say that mine were paid off.